Wednesday, January 23, 2013

30 in 30, #14 – Reaching for the Light


Reaching for the Light, 6"x6", oil on panel, $100

Click to Purchase through PayPal

Every moment of light and dark is a miracle. — Walt Whitman

Mums again! I loved the view of these little mums as they were sitting in the sunny kitchen window. Instead of looking head-on at the flowers, my view was of the bottoms of the blooms reaching up toward the sun. 

I put a bit of a wash on the panel before sketching
I have a south-facing large kitchen window. For many years, we had large trees facing the window that shaded the house from the low winter sun. The trees are gone, so now the sun streams into the kitchen for a good part of the day. It's pretty annoying when you're trying to cook – the glare drives me nuts. But this window is where I am getting such great reference photos for these daily paintings! I am loving the lights and darks I am seeing in these.
Blocked in the darks, started the shadow shapes of the petals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...