Friday, September 6, 2013

September 30 in 30 — Plein Air at the Back Bay

Plein Air at the Back Bay, 5x7", oil on linen canvas panel, ©2013 Cindy Greene
I had so much fun this summer painting with my two plein air buddies. Jeanne always wears her red shorts for painting trips (you know, you get a bit of paint on something and presto! it's your uniform) so of course I've been wanting to paint her in them. It was challenging to get the rocks and grasses in without letting them dwarf her. This area is a beautiful deck that overlooks the upper Newport Back Bay, and it's a favorite spot for painters.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I knew this had to be Jeanne before I read your post! I will miss our summer painting days! The discovery of new places, the encouragement from fellow painters and the lunches together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I loved it; can't wait to go again. We'll need to spring you one of these days. I'm glad you're getting out to paint with Becky; so fun.

      Delete
  2. Oh Cindy, what a surprise to see this! I remember this day, so calm and beautiful. I miss our beach painting days and hope we can continue to paint together again soon. See you Monday night I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, I'm glad you like it! You were a great model....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...