Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dancing in the Light

Dancing in the Light, 5x5", oil on board

Today I decided to paint more tulips, before they fade away. I spent a few good hours doing a larger painting of the tulips on my kitchen counter in the light from the window. When I finished, I realized I wasn't finished. I grabbed a small panel, and painted the one above. I think I like it better. The light coming through the window turned the tops of the petals a pale pink, such a contrast to the deep red.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I love the tulips! I love looking at your work, you're very good :). Hope to see you one day soon in Kim's class.
    Blessings,
    Jeanne Maag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! I've missed seeing you. I'll be back in class in April, and look forward to hearing about your painting!

      Delete
  2. beautiful tulips, they do look like they are dancing in the light. Red ones are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! Yes, red flowers are really fun. I love your carnation! Carnations are my husband's favorite - but only the home-grown ones that smell.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...