Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Art Show Juggle



Evidently November and December aren't crazy enough in our family**, so I am happy to share that I have paintings juried into three shows in December. 

First up is the "Greatest Show on Earth," the 6" Squared show at Randy Higbee Gallery. A December tradition in Orange County, California, there will be over 600 framed paintings, all 6"x6". Artists from all over the country send their small works in, and the opening reception (December 7, 6-9pm) is supposed to be legendary. The show has a great reputation for art sales, since nearly all the pieces are reasonably priced and include Randy's beautiful framing. You can view all the entries at the online gallery. Last year nearly 50 pieces sold before the show opened! I have two pieces in the show, which can be seen here

Another popular December show here in Southern California is the Holiday Treasures Salon 2013 at the Debra Huse Gallery on Balboa Island. My painting "Balboa for Two" will be included. Opening reception will be Thursday, December 5, 6-8pm. The gallery will be open from noon - 6pm for a preview.

And last is a new show in the area, curated by interior designer Sara Balough and supporting returning veterans from the Middle East. The HOME Show will be held at the Malaga Cove Library in Palos Verdes. The Library will also share in the proceeds of the show. There are some gorgeous paintings in this show, and I'm so proud to be represented. The opening reception will be December 4, 5-8pm.

So next week will be crazy/busy. In addition to three show receptions, I have three dinners with friends, a lunch with friends I used to work with, and the usual commitments. But I'm so excited to be in all three of these shows, and would love to see you at the galleries!

**briefly, out of our original family of five, three of us have birthdays Christmas week. Two sons-in-law have birthdays the week of our anniversary and my mom-in-law's birthday in November, and I think my mother and husband's birthday and Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's are in there somewhere. Oh, and did I mention our daughter's wedding in mid-January? No wonder I want to hide in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...