Thursday, November 28, 2013

Morning at Las Cienegas

Morning at Las Cienegas, 5"x7", oil on linen panel
©2013 Cindy Greene
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

While I am missing so many of my family today, I am cherishing time with those who are near. Thank you, Hilary, for spending this Thanksgiving with us!

My childhood was marked by Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter all spent with a large, loving extended family. Cousins squished into the "kids table", sharing the piano bench with my cousin Nancy, aunts and my mom bustling about (and working so very hard) to feed the clan, and my grandmother worrying that she put too much sage in the dressing. (It was always wonderful.) I'm so grateful for those times, and the amazing amount of love that flowed through the family. I love you all.

This little painting is for my brother, Michael. He's a talented artist and photographer, and recently took a stunning photo of cattle greeting the morning in southern Arizona. I was so inspired by it.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...