Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sea Oats, Jekyll Island

Sea Oats, Jekyll Island / 6"x6" / oil on panel / ©2013 Cindy Greene

I'm beginning to mentally process some of the 1000 or so reference photos I took on our recent trip to the Southeast. Of course they are all loaded on the computer and sorted by day taken, but it takes so much time to go through them and pull out photos that need to become a painting soon. I will typically do this many times.

Here is a small painting I did this week from a couple of reference photos I took at Jekyll Island, Georgia. The brilliant sunlight gave a glow to the grasses as well as the shadows.

I have also been working on larger paintings in the studio. Usually I do these after painting one or two small studies. I finished one this week that I am quite pleased with — but it has to wait for now. Well, if you visit my new website, you'll see it on the front page. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! As always, I love your purple shadows and the details of the plants. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) thank you. Painting purple shadows has become one of my favorite things!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...