Saturday, July 13, 2013

Nothing Gloomy About July

Little Corona Cove, 5"x7", oil on canvas panel,
©2013 Cindy Greene

I feel so fortunate to live where I do – only an hour or so away from some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. And I am having so much fun this summer visiting these beaches regularly with some like-minded painting friends. I love the overcast mornings as the "marine layer" plays tag with the sun. It can be challenging to catch the correct light, as often we have clouds/fog/mist/sun all within an hour or so.

Last week's paint-out was at Little Corona Beach. Wonderful small beach, with lots to paint (once you navigate the steep walk down to the sand). We even watched a wedding take place by the tidepools!

The small study above is looking south toward Laguna Beach, with the sun still mostly hidden behind the clouds. I'm loving the colors in the cliff, sand and rocks.

Next post, I'll share more of our Little Corona morning. Nothing gloomy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...