Saturday, February 16, 2013

Plein Air in Laguna Beach, and other frogs

Laguna Morning, 5"x7", oil on panel,
©2013 Cindy Greene




First off,  I am very happy with this painting. There, I said it.

My husband and I have a saying, "If you have to eat frogs, eat the biggest one first." This has morphed into "Anything I don't want to do, or am procrastinating, or am even nervous about, is a frog. Okay, I'll eat it first." This has been a week of frog-eating. 

Thursday morning was my last scheduled plein air class with Kim VanDerHoek. We were going to Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, and the day was promising. But painting at Heisler Park is a sort of mecca to plein air painters, the ultimate gorgeous seaside spot. What if I really made a mess of it? Therefore, it became a frog.

I'm happy to say that the fog lifted, I had a great time, I'm happy with the painting, and all is well. 

Ribbetttt!!

8 comments:

  1. Found you on Leslie Saeta's Blog--nice to meet a fellow artist.Beautiful painting Cindy! With the messy weather we are having in Nova Scotia, it makes me want to be there! So glad you ate that frog--it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, nice to meet you too! Even though you're in cold and messy weather, I'm sure your area is absolutely gorgeous. I love upstate New York, but haven't been to Nova Scotia. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful Cindy!! You dd a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie -- I appreciate it. My first time painting there. Hope to see you soon!

      Delete
  3. And it's a very good painting! I'm proud of you and will never think of frogs the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Diane. As we say, "frogs for breakfast today?"

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...