Friday, October 18, 2013

Catching a Breath




Yes, I'm still here — and still painting! I'm catching my blogging-breath; taking a break from posting painting photos while I clean up my studio and get ready for a couple of shows. It's going to be a busy few months. Painting, shows, Thanksgiving, birthdays, Christmas, and then a wedding! (I still need to get a dress for that....)





I've also had fun watching the Laguna Beach Plein Air Invitational this week, both virtually and in person. I've watched some of the shared photos on FaceBook, and spent a wonderful morning yesterday hiking around the Aliso Creek Inn and Golf Course watching about 40 great plein air painters at work. There were so many people there, even the overflow parking was full. Everyone kept exclaiming "I didn't even know this was here!" What a beautiful place. I took a lot of photos, since it's not often you get to wander around a golf course in a canyon. It was really fun watching some of the artists (whom I've admired from afar) working out their paintings. The hardest part was having to leave one artist at an interesting place in their painting so I could see more of them. Candy store.

These guys didn't even blink at the artists
Definitely want to do that again; I hope the Aliso Creek Inn continues their sponsorship. Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...